Welcome to our VIEW of the world!

______________________________________________

Home Sweet Home!

Home Sweet Home!

Thursday, October 30, 2008


Day 21 - Thurs Oct 30 -

After getting the laundry done and everything in its place we left around 12:30pm.

We looked up RV parks near and around Richmond/Sandston area and found one in Ashland called Americamps. Swil Kanim sent Stephanie a text letting her know our plans and the timeframe of our arrival. She said she was excited...and nervous! Swil Kanim had trouble sleeping last night just knowing that after 20 years he would be re-connecting with his daughter.

It has been a long time coming and everything has been happening by God's timing.

As we got closer and closer to our destination, the anticipation was getting to Swil Kanim.

Both fear and excitement, I am sure.

After what seemed like the longest drive ever, we finally arrived. Swil Kanim gathered his composer and after many texts and e-mails, he actually CALLED her. They both confirmed their excitement and nervousness about meeting and agreed to meet at a nearby restaurant.

I have to say it was the most beautiful reunion. Swil Kanim feared that upon meeting her that he would just explode into tears and be a mushy wreck. But, it was not like that at all.

It was simply.....beautiful. Stephanie brought along her friend, Mike, and we all had a wonderful dinner.

It was non-stop conversation of laughter and occassional tears. Before we knew it the restaurant was empty and most of the staff were gone. So, we went out to the RV and visited more. Swil Kanim asked if it was alright if he played her a song. And he played the song he wrote for her many years ago and dreamed of one day playing for her in person. The song....."Father, Distant Daughter".

It was the most beautiful thing that I have ever witnessed.

I wont elaborate on the rest as it is their personal time and moment.

I am just thankful for the Blessings that God is placing in our lives.

I am grateful for my husband.

I have never seen him look as handsome as he did tonight. (although he has always been handsome.....there was just a remarkable difference)


What a day of Amazing Grace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sat reading this with my heart loudly beating and my eyes tearing up. People kept breaking in with phone calls, and copier needs, and the fax ringing-which it rarely does but it has kept interupting my thoughts all morning. I became so edgey as I wanted to read on! I closed the blog halfway through because every thing seemed so intrusive in such a precious moment. Returning to it, I find myself blissfully jealous. There is nothing more beautiful than reunion. I, too, have hoped and dreamed and prayed of this reconnection for my friend since I have known Swil Kanim. I am so immensely excited for Stephanie too. Daddies and daughters are meant for each other. Blessings and peace and joy to you all in this journey. Swil Kanim will need to write a new song as she is distant no more. I love you both and love you all from a foggy but stunning autumn pacific northwest day. -Hugs from Suzann

DC Tourists

DC

Cross Country Trip Pictures


Lori and Swil Kanim