Welcome to our VIEW of the world!

______________________________________________

Home Sweet Home!

Home Sweet Home!

Thursday, November 06, 2008
















Day 28 - Nov 6


Swil Kanim's first two performances went beautifully.

The first one was at 10:30am and the kids absolutely loved him. He started off, of course, with the Tree Story and they thought that was the funniest thing. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star just sent them over the edge. Some of the kids couldn't stop giggling. He then followed with the song Honor of All which they sat through very nicely and were impressed with his ability especially after Twinkle Twinkle. He then told the story of Cha-das-ska-dum Whichtalum and they cracked up when Swil Kanim was 'creaking' like the tree. He started to play Aboard Andante and I was in the back of the audience and I brought out the drum and rumbled in which surprised them. They were all turning in their seats to see where it was coming from. I then kept the beat and walked around the kids and then up on the stage behind Swil Kanim and then back down to the other side of the audience. The song finished and then Swil Kanim asked the kids if they heard a drum and they all said "yes" and then he said "Good, I just wanted to make sure cuz I'm and Indian and sometimes we have visions" . They thought that was the funniest thing. He then interacted with the kids and asked if they had any questions....which of course they did.

The second show was pretty much the same but this time he told them about his 4th grade teacher, Kathy Dorr. The teachers in the audience really loved and appreciated that story.

After that performance our good friend from Bellingham, Chris Chisolm was in the audience and he took us to lunch along with a friend of his. We had a great lunch and then we all headed to the Air and Space Museum. Chris and Swil Kanim decided to try out the flight simulators. Swil Kanim was the pilot and Chris was the gunner. I watched from the side and saw the simulator turning from side to side and then twirling upside down.....I could hear them inside laughing and having a good time.
We then decided to head to the Washington Monument and go inside. Now, Swil Kanim and I had walked our feet off yesterday and the Monument is quite a ways from the Air and Space Museum. I was not prepared for walking today....I was wearing high heal dress boots!
I thought at first that it wouldnt be that bad....and, of course, Swil Kanim and the guys were oblivious to what I was walking in. Halfway there my feet were throbbing but I tried to ignore the pain knowing that we were almost there. I started to use the techniques that I learned from the many Tony Robbins seminars that I had attended. Mind over Matter.

We finally got to the Monument only to find out that at 4:30 they dont take any more people up to the top. Swil Kanim and Chris were lost in conversation and so we stood there for about half an hour talking and looking at scenery. We then decided to go check out the Whitehouse.
My feet were beyond feeling anything and I kind of wanted to see the Whitehouse at night. I'm glad we did, it is really pretty at night and has a little different feel to it than it did yesterday.
By then Swil Kanim was getting tired and Chris and his friend wanted to continue on and see the Vietnam Wall and the Lincoln Memorial. We decided to go our seperate ways and said our goodbyes. Swil Kanim and I decided to head to the Metro Train Station which was WAY back practically where we started. It was really a pretty night and nice to just walk with Swil Kanim
After about a block I asked Swil Kanim if we could sit on a bench and rest. It was there that I took one of my shoes of and Swil Kanim notice what kind of footwear I had on. He felt really bad and also shook his head at my stubbornness of just grinning and bearing it and not letting anyone know. I told him that if I could walk barefoot on 25 feet of hot coals, I could walk a few miles in heels. He wanted to get a cab but I wanted to tough it out the rest of the way.
We finally got to the Metro Station and it was during rush hour so we had to stand for part of the ride (more torture!!).
I am so glad to be home!! Tomorrow Swil Kanim has 2 more shows and I am wearing tennis shoes!! Sometimes even I hate my stubbornness!
Below is the song 'Michael's Journey' that I recorded yesterday during sound check.

No comments:

DC Tourists

DC

Cross Country Trip Pictures


Lori and Swil Kanim